Remove Distractions & Get Focused
- If your phone is going to distract you, turn it off.
- If you do not require internet for research or to collaborate on an assignment, turn it off.
- If you are not using social media to collaborate on what you are studying then use a social media blocker to prevent you from getting distracted.
- Do not watch videos for entertainment purposes - only sit in front of screens that you are using for study purposes.
Use a "Thought Parking Lot"
- When studying, if a thought enters your mind that is not on topic, but you want to remember it for later, write it down on a piece of paper entitled "Thought Parking Lot." After your studying is complete, you can then come back to these thoughts.
Photo Credit: Dimitris Kalageropoylos, licensed under Creative Commons