Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gizmos are interactive math simulations for grades 9-12. Over 400 Gizmos aligned to the latest standards help educators bring powerful new learning experiences to the classroom. (REGISTRATION NUMBER REQUIRED FOR HOME DOWNLOAD)
Math Homework Help - TVO Mathify
TVO Mathify. Chat tutor help, interactive tutorials, mini-lessons supporting students in grades 7-12 math.
Britannica Middle School Edition
Reference articles, journals, magazines, websites, multimedia, and curriculum content for intermediate students. Includes dictionary, atlas and student workspace.
Logins for all VLC databases are found on the back of the VLC Bookmark.
Talk to your LCI today!
Gr. 7-8: Send us your work
Try these maths apps!
Math Apps for the iPad
Math Apps for the iPad.
Apps in Education
One of the hardest things with using the iPad in the classroom is finding the time to go through all of the apps in the iTunes Store listed under the education banner. We have started to list some of the apps we've found under each of the Key Learning Areas.
MathBoard is a fantastic math learning tool for your iPad.
Gr. 7-8: Ask Us/Demande Moi
Gr. 7-8: How do I find out about my topic?
Gr. 7-8: How do I create & cite my work?
Geometry and Spatial Sense
- Sorting quadrilaterals by geometric properties involving diagonals;
- Constructing circles;
- Investigating relationships among similar shapes;
- Determining and applying angle relationships for parallel and intersecting lines;
- Relating the numbers of faces, edges, and vertices of a polyhedron;
- Determining and applying the Pythagorean relationship geometrically;
- Plotting the image of a point on the coordinate plane after applying a transformation