Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Logins for all VLC databases are found on the back of the VLC Bookmark.
Talk to your LCI today!
Gr. 9-12: Ask Us/Demande Moi
Gr. 9-12: How do I start my research?
Gr. 9-12: How do I cite my sources?
Understanding Basic Concepts
Terms related to energy and society include:
- mechanical energy
- gravitational potential energy
- kinetic energy
- kinetic molecular theory
- thermal energy
- heat capacity / specific heat capacity
- latent heat / specific latent heat
- nuclear isotopes (eg. hydrogen, deuterium, tritium)
- alpha particles, beta particles, gamma rays