Free educational software to print 5 houses, a church and an apartment building to make a village, all on regular paper on your PC printer. Kids arrange the buildings, make streets and yards, plan how the village will grow. Children have fun building the village and learn about city planning and geography. Fun, educational hands-on learning.
Strand A. Heritage and Identity: Our Changing Roles and Responsibilities
A1. Continuity and Change : A person’s roles, responsibilities, and relationships change over time and in different situations.
A2. Interrelationships : Their own roles, responsibilities, and relationships play a role in developing their identity
A3: Significance : All people are worthy of respect, regardless of their roles, relationships, and responsibilities.
Maps & Globes Activities : Using elements of maps (e.g., a title, symbols in a legend, direction, scale [non-standard], and colour) to help them extract information from or when constructing maps for specific purposes.
Strand B. People and Environments: The Local Community
B1. Interrelationships : Communities have natural and built features and provide services that help meet the needs of the people who live and work there.
B2. Cause and Consequence : Our actions can have an impact on the natural and built features of the community, so it is important for us to act responsibly.
B3. Significance; Patterns and Trends : A community consists of different areas, each of which has a specific layout and characteristics.
- Constructing and using pictographs
- Constructing and using tallies
Maps & Globes Activities :
- Using elements of maps (e.g., a title, symbols in a legend, direction, scale [non-standard], and colour) to help them extract information from maps
- Using elements of maps when constructing maps for specific purposes
- Using relative location, relative distance, and relative direction to locate significant places in their community