Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Project Outline: Phase 1
Plan & Timeline:
- Conduct one-on-one teacher orientations during their prep time to introduce individual VLC resources to support their classes
- Raise school awareness about VLC resources
- During each class visit to the Learning Commons:
- Provide a 5 min orientation of a specific VLC resource to each class that visits the Learning Commons – this should complement what the class is studying or will be studying
- Provide examples of Learning Commons physical space re-designs at UCDSB elementary schools and how this has impacted student learning/use of the space
- Acquire teacher feedback on what they would like to support learning outcomes in the Learning Commons – space configuration and resources/technology use, etc.
- Acquire student feedback on how they like to learn within a space (e.g. individually, in a group, etc.), student reading interests, and ideas for what they would like in the space (e.g. theme, colours, furniture configurations, etc.)
- Compile teacher and student feedback
- Deb, Paul, and Kristen meet to determine next steps for space re-design (i.e. what items to action and how, based on feedback)
Glengarry District High School Teacher Feedback Form
Please feel free to use this feedback form with your staff, after you have made the necessary modifications. It should hopefully help keep records of teachers' interests in the VLC (i.e. help you with future sessions).